Monday, June 25, 2012

Breaking the rules and loving it

Ah yes, I've decided to break the first rule of fight club - uh, I mean - the rules I set out when writing my first novel, Zed. The one and only rule was that it would be written first-person for the whole book - and now I am in the process of breaking it for the second.


I think it is already paying dividends, with the fun of multiple story arcs and the enjoyment and excitement of witnessing certain events played out from a different perspective. Of course, our grisled zombie will still be tormenting the reader with his ever-pertinent thoughts but it's just that his won't be the only perspective. It is all going according to plan and I'm loving the opportunities it affords me.

2 comments:

  1. I hope so too! It's fun creating the scenarios and situations although I always ask myself whether I will be able to rekindle the fun and enjoyment of the first book. I think as long as I keep questioning myself, it should turn out well :)

    ReplyDelete