Monday, May 7, 2012

Gauging your depth

The predators were restless, my friends. They seethed and writhed with an unrestrained desire to devour the weakest amongst the throng that confronted them. I am, of course, talking about Karaoke.


I remembered so vividly cruising through It's Not Unusual - that was my song ... until I heard the strained broken notes feeding into the back of my head. What was that sound that tempered the dulcet and alluring tones of my (imagined) soft croonings? I realised far too late that this song does not work within my vocal range. I then proceeded to push through two strained minutes while I quietly died inside ... and the cheers that had preceded my singing turned into silence.

I realise now that Tom Jones is not my bag ... although, somehow, Bohemian Rhapsody is. Well, lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment