Monday, February 20, 2012

How to market your ebook

So, you have just released your book into the ether. Now what? Do you just wait until someone serendipitously discovers your masterpiece and hope for the best? In the immortal words of Al Borland:



I certainly don't follow the mantra of if you build it, they will come. Having released a book is nice, having people know about it is better.

That is why I
  • Blog, although I do enjoy blogging. There is a certain 'power' that comes from thinking that someone, somewhere might get some enjoyment or assistance from what I post.
  • Network my book through various sites such as:
  • Offer my book to popular blog review sites
  • Read other blogs / websites to glean insights from what they have learned
This link is amazing: 21 tactics to increase blog traffic - he definitely has his techniques down to a fine art.
This link is amazing: Goodreads: how do books get discovered? - it gives an insight on where prospective readers come from - it's a must read for anyone that is just starting out.

This is round one - where I will be at round ten is anyone's guess. The one thing I do know is that I will come out of my corner with all guns firing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment