Friday, March 2, 2012

Shameless plug

So for the sake of increasing the number of followers, I am forsaking my credibility of the sake of a few more followers. In the end: it is a means to an end. And the end is all that there is in the end, isn't it?


Anywho: welcome random followers. Be sure to check out some more meaningful posts other than this and be sure to follow me, because that is all I ask of you :)

Yes. I feel dirty. Let's not ever speak of this again and let's just fall into the belief that this was but a distant memory that never came to be. Oh, and, buy my book (it's superliminal enough that it *just might* work).

Q: What book would you love to see made into a movie or television show and do you have an actress/actor in mind to play the main characters?
The one I would want made into a film is called Gerald's Game by Stephen King. It revolves around a couple that go into a country town and rekindle their marriage privately with a game that Gerald likes to play. While Jessie is handcuffed, her husband has a heart-attack and dies. From there the story starts, with her mind hallucinating and the dark thing in the corner seemingly solidifying as her sense of reality becomes more tenuous. It's a brilliant psychological horror book and would be quite easy to make into a film (low budget).

For the role of Jessie, I would need an actress that is able to convey mental anguish and psychological deterioration while still having an inner-strength:
Kate Winslet Julianne Moore Cate Blanchett

For the role of The Space Cowboy, I would choose one of these guys - basically a guy that can convey being quite dangerous and also, quite clearly, crazy while still remaining quiet and controlled:
Michael Emerson Sam Rockwell Gary Oldman
And that would be that. It would be a good film, although never a blockbuster. One of these six would win an oscar ... and it would scare the pants off anyone that watches it. But only if the ending is rewritten.

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Try not to feel to dirty hehehe. It can be a great way to find new blogs and also some of us do regularly participate and comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Blanchett and Winslet. I'd watch them in just about anything!

    Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! Following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support (all of you). It took me a while to find the actors that I wanted for 'my film'. If you haven't read the book, it's pretty dark and far scarier than a lot of King's books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks SO much for stopping by my blog!

    Awesome answer! I don't think I've ever read that one ... guess I have something new to add to my reading list!!!! ;)

    Old follower :)

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you liked it. It's one of the few books that resonates with me still.

    ReplyDelete