Monday, November 28, 2011

Jenny not from the block

I currently don't own a car, but if I did own one, it would probably be a Fiat 500 (Abarth).  I'm all about efficiency, style, compactness and a bit of speed.  I like a compact ride ..and the interior is great.  That might sound superfluous, but if you're driving, you're not looking at the sleek external lines, now, are you? I'd probably drop the stupid decals and tasteless hubs, but the underlying car is cool.  Prior to that, I would have chosen the Alfa Romeo 147 GTA.  It seems I have a thing for Italian pocket rockets.


For those that aren't aware, there's an ad for the Fiat 500 where J Lo shows her 'street cred' by driving the vehicle through her old neighbourhood; namely, the Bronx.  The only issue is that she couldn't, apparently, take time out from her 'busy schedule' to actually be bothered driving through her 'hood.  Instead they used a double for those scenes while we simply get close-ups of her ugly mug set to a non-descript background.

It's a bit of a PR fubar.

To add insult to injury, the vehicle used by the body double in the Bronx broke down.

All in all, not exactly what Fiat wanted when they hired the 'inimitable' J Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment